Nice party cruise

Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28 Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 21, 2007
Ship: Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28
First cruise on any cruise line. I was impressed with the spaciousness of our stateroom. We had an interior stateroom on the upper deck and I was prepared to feel confined. Anything but...the beds were fantastically comfortable...the only problem was without exterior light we could have slept all day long! Very nice. Showers were blazing hot. They clean the rooms twice per day. Dining experience was fun...there are plenty of tables with more private dining, seating 4 per table, booth style. The different night club scene was nice. Piano bar was fun. The Lido deck was normally pretty available on the days that we were docked but the day at sea was nearly impossible to find a deck chair. Reserve your seat at breakfast! We ended up on the upper most deck right next to the engine room. Very loud.
This island is clearly the most picturesque. The mountainous region is worth a few snapshots. The island is a little more impoverished than any others on the trip. The roads are treacherous. We went on the Wacky Rollers excursion. Booked right on the ship. A little pricey, more garden tour than I liked, but the tour ended with a nice swim into the lagoon where Pirates of the Caribbean 2 was filmed. That made the excursion.
Hit the beaches here. The island tour is just really more of the same. More moderenized than Dominica. The dock and harbor is very uninspiring and almost depressing. Get out of the area and head to a beach.
The taxi drivers are hit or miss on actually getting you where you need to be at a specific time. Pad the time by at least 30 min. if you have booked an excursion and need to get back to the ship. Wadali catamaran tour was a fun party cruise. Be wary of the rum punch...it's a killer!
Don't Miss: Wadali Catamaran Sail and Snorkel
Don't Miss: Wadali Catamaran Sail and Snorkel
St. Lucia was my favorite island. Very beautiful.
Very pretty island. My second favorite on the Southern Car. run. The shopping is the best here. I made the mistake of delaying my purchases because it was the first stop in a chain of 5 islands. Nicest quality of T-shirts at the little shop right at the port called Southern something.
St. Lucia was my favorite island. Very beautiful.

Pros: Dining experience was very nice. Great selection of nightly music.

Cons: Could have had a little more island culture onboard. Food and music.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) 28? Yes!