Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A warm, tropical, sunny cruise!

Sail Date: October 29, 2006

I was pleasantly surprised by the ship. It was clean, bright and cheery and offered all the amenities I enjoy. The workout gym had everything I needed as did the multiple pool and lounge areas.

Pros: Every island visited had something awesome to offer! Loved, loved the sun and fun of each!

Cons: The buffet lines were a bit long.

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? Yes!

The evening sitdown meals were excellent. The buffets were just a bit crowded at lunchtime.
I liked the movies playing on the regular television in the room. Bingo was fun. I lost in the casino, but had fun.
The newsletter was a good source of information for defining all the days' activities.
I loved being on deck 8. It was very comfortable and easy to get to the dining, pool, spa and gym. That's all I needed!
I did not have a bad experience with any of the crew members. Everyone I came in contact with was pleasant and very helpful and cheery!
We were on deck 8. Perfectly located for all we needed. Three of use shared a balacony and were impressed with how easy it was to get around the ship.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Toured the island by vehicle. Had some nice beach areas.
Don't Miss: Miami Beach
Oranjestad, Aruba
Loved Aruba. Took a snorkeling excursion and saw the best sea life ever! Lots of fish and creatures. Spent time on the beaches. The sand is white powder, and the ocean water clear blue!!
Don't Miss: Snorkeling and Palm Beach
Dominica
We visited the Trafajar Falls and walked through the rainforest. It was awesome. We spent 6 hours touring the island. Everything we saw was plush and beautiful.
Don't Miss: Rainforest activites of any sort.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Toured the island by vehicle. Had some nice beach areas.
Don't Miss: Miami Beach
Oranjestad, Aruba
Don't Miss: Snorkeling and Palm Beach
Dominica
Don't Miss: Rainforest activites of any sort.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I've been to St. Thomas before and took advantage of the shopping only.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I've been to St. Thomas before and took advantage of the shopping only.