Carnival Destiny (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

The S. Caribbean Cruise

Sail Date: October 01, 2007

I did like our cabin, even though it was too cool inside. I loved the wait and cleaningstaff because they seemed to friendly at all times. They truely bent over backwards for everybody. I was less impressed by the entertainment staff, and the reception could have been much better. There was one person at the pursers desk who was excellent. His name is Julian Ross. I can only recommend him for every passenger's needs.

Pros: The hardworking wait and cleaning staff

Cons: Wait and Cleaningstaff does not receive a decent salary

Recommends Carnival Destiny (RETIRED)? No.

I liked the staterooms, but I am not too impressed about the pool deck. I imagined the pool area to be bigger. I did not like Lido deck at all.
Not much of a variety, but I was very happy with the Galaxy dining room. The waitstaff was going above and beyond. I was very unhappy about our dining time though since we requested 8PM, but instead only received a time for 6.15PM. Thank god that the hostess helped us out with a much better table. Her name is Aysur.
I am very happy to know that Carnival employs such great wait and cleaningstaff. I am disappointed to hear that they do not receive a decent compensation for their hard work. Shame on Carnival Cruise Lines.
Bridgetown, Barbados
I loved the beaches. Truly an islands I would visit for longer than a day
St. John's, Antigua
The water is turquoise and the beach is wonderful
Dominica
You must experience the sulphur springs at Screw's. How relaxing. Dominica is nature pure.
Castries, St. Lucia
We visited Anse La Raye an old fishermen village. It's very interesting.
Don't Miss: Go to Tikaye Village to enjoy a great view from the resort and great smoothies.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The beach was OKAY. I don't like the limited time the guests had at each port. What a hassle...