Carnival can do better

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Helpful Vote: 1

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 03, 2016
Ship: Carnival Conquest

My first cruise and I was not pleased  at all. Throughout the duration  of the cruise i felt hassled for money. If u won anything you had to pay. I got a gift  50 certificate  for the spa for my anniversary  from carnival  and when i went to retrieve  it. I was told manicure is  $ 50 but with the voucher i received i have to do a manicure and pedicure which is $145. Won a free art from  art auction ,another  thing i had to pay money . The staff from auctions  was very rude and racist.  They had me return 3 times to the gallery  before  i could discuss the shipping of my free art. Forget about the nuisance of the photographers. When u did take pictures.  The where so overpriced it was ridiculous and at the end of the trip they refuse to give u the rest of your pics at a discount.  I believe  they should  give u at least 5 of your pics whether it be portrait of otherwise for  $50. Drinks from the bar was water down. I has a kiss on the lips and thought  i was drinking a non alcoholic punch and over price. It was considered  a Caribbean  Cruise  with out any influence  of the Caribbean.  There were no Caribbean  food or drinks served on board . Little to no Caribbean music and the only  place this was heard was  deck 9 at the buffet very low. Where u can fall asleep. Program  layout was boring and lame . I could plan a better program. Activity director needs to be more creative and inventive. For God sake Caribbean  people have fun and is full of life and flavor.For all the money the people spend to go on the cruise you can at least give them free alcohol drinks.i had 2 boring days at sea . Carnival could have added  at least one more island to the package

Should be Caribbean influenced.

Ship program director needs help i. The area. It was boring and lacking creativity an newness.

Was Lame.

So staff members were rude and disrespectful especially the one that called my room asking me about my ship credit.

I liked. Cleanliness compulsive. Oh my god cleaning was out of control. Once a day cleaning ur room or if its requested is ok, but not the on going madness they do.
I loved the cleaning staff though the were the friendliest

I like but i would have a balcony room more.

Don't get caught up taking pictures.
Watch your spending.
Wait until you get back home to use ur Internet because it is over priced on board.
Drink lots of alcoholic drinks before u come as the one on the ship is missing a lot.