Fun cruise, great staff

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 23, 2016
Ship: Carnival Conquest

I have taken a number of cruises on different lines. This was my first Carnival cruise. I had expected a little lower end (my other cruises were on Ocean, etc) but was pleasantly surprised.  I am not a partier. I like a quiet pool and a good book while on the ship. There were crowds on the ship, but a few places to get some peace and quiet to read, so I was happy about that. The food was in general Las Vegas buffet quality, but there were some exceptions if you looked. The soups were all very good, as were a number of the appetizers. The entree's were ok, some were disappointing (the maui maui was dry, and the prime rib tough), but some were very good (the salmon was excellent, as was the pork). The wait staff was also very, very good. They all did a tremendous job, and we were all impressed. We ate at the steak house and were again pleasantly surprised. Not quite Morton's, but still all was very, very good. I would definitely go again- well worth the extra splurge. Nice atmosphere, generally good staff (though there were a few lapses). Large crowds on the rest of the ship as you would expect, but again you could find quiet places if you looked. The room was clean, in good shape and in good order. Quite happy with the room. We had a balcony and used it a lot (breakfast/coffee in the morning, reading and drinks late in the afternoon etc). The housekeeping staff was also excellent. The executive summary is- you will have a good cruise on Carnival. The food is not excellent, but good and if you look you can eat very well on the ship. But I would go back because of the staff. They all seemed genuine, and wanting to make sure you had a good time.

Great location, good cabin. Would select it again