Son's 8th birthday/vacation Cruise

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 14, 2016

My son chose to take a cruise over Disney World for vacation over his birthday which was very surprising to us.  We selected this particular cruise based off of the port stops and not the ship itself.  We also took into consideration that it was Carnival which is more family oriented.  We were extremely happy with our cabin stewards and our dining room staff however the rest of the ship staff was not that approachable.  It appeared they were not happy to be on the Conquest.  It is an older ship so it doesn't have all the upgrades of the newer ships.  I think that the ship staff was getting a lot of grief from the passengers which makes it hard to want to be on the ship.  An example is the satellite in the bar not being able to put on a playoff hockey game.  That is not the bartenders fault but the guest was yelling at him and that's not fair because the bartender can't defend himself.  Maybe Carnival needs to consider retiring the Conquest or doing some upgrades.  I personally wouldn't cruise on the Conquest again because the food selection was boring.  It was the same everyday.  Paul the CD was hilarious!  My son loved Camp Carnival

My cabin was awesome! My steward was great! No complaints!

Pick a newer ship if you are looking for the best of everything. If you are going for the food this is not the ship for you. The staff at Camp Carnival is awesome!