Great Cruise but Room for improvements

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

8 Night Southern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 15, 2015
Ship: Carnival Conquest
Cabin Type: Suite

This is my 5th cruise on Carnival but my first on the Conquest.  I have been on the Valor and the Freedom and feel that Conquest needs some improvements.  We stayed in the Grand Suite and for that cost, they should have kept up on wear and tear items.  The bathroom had mold in the caulking around the bottom of the doors and rust coming from the shower attachments.  Also, the tub had numerous pits that made the tub appear unclean.  It's not so hard to reglaze the tub!  Shame on carnival.  The balconies also show major signs of age.  Dirty and rusty.  Also on previous cruises, I've always noticed staff constantly cleaning the rails, elevators and commons areas.  This is the first ship that I never noticed any cleaning being done, beside general vacumning and housekeeping.  Kind of surprised to see this.  Besides these issues, I loved the staff as usual.  I've never encountered a rude or staff member unwilling to help.  I love to interact with them and learn about their lives.  This ship's crew did not disappoint.  These minor issues won't deter me from Carnival but I would probably not spend the money on the Conquest but rather a different ship within their fleet.

Actually was disappointed by the shows. The Brits show was entertaining, but thought all the others were not up to par.

Excellent staff. Very friendly and helpful!

My comments regarding this cabin were included in my review above.