Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fun times!

Sail Date: July 20, 2015

I had a great time on our cruise on Carnival Conquest July 20th-25th. It was my first cruise in 10 years so I wasn't sure what to expect. The only other cruise I've been on was with Celebrity, which of course has beautiful ships! This wasn't the most glamorous ship ever but I had no problem with it and didn't see any major flaws. There was always something to do for all ages. Our room was always cleaned when we returned in the early afternoon and again when we returned from dinner, except for one day because we stayed in the room for a good bit of the day. The crew was very nice and always said hello when passing you, even at 3 am! The ports were beautiful and I can't say enough good things about them! I've never seen water so blue in my life! Tendering to Half Moon Cay was a little hectic and some comments made by other passengers made it sound like something went wrong, but I'm not sure. I enjoyed the food that was offered on the ship, but I'm not a picky eater. Some things were out of this world (like Guys Burgers!!) and some were just okay, but I didn't have anything I didn't enjoy at least a little bit! Overall I had a great and relaxing week. I only wish I had had more time in each port to see everything!

Cruise Photos

Tried the chocolate melting cake and enjoyed it, although I'm not much of a chocolate lover. My favorite desert was the cappuccino pie! Guys Burgers hands down was the best food on the ship! Wish I had gotten it more than once!
We loved our dinner wait staff, especially Daniel!
The only show I saw was "Divas" which I enjoyed very much. Not much dancing but they had some incredibly singers! The Love and Marriage show was hilarious and we also enjoyed Brad the comedian! Piano Bar was a great place to end the day!
Won $40 at a slot machine in the casino!
Beautiful beaches. VERY hot in July as expected. I booked one snorkeling excursion in Grand Turk and had a blast aside from some mild seasick
Getting off the ship at Grand Turk and Nassau took less than 5 minutes. Tendering to Half Moon Cay was a little hectic. The longest I waited to get back on the ship was in Grand Turk, which took about 15 minutes.
I was pleasantly surprised with the size! Location was fabulous. We didn't have any issues with noise from any of our neighbors or people walking down the hall. We were also in a great spot as far as food went. Two floors directly above us was the buffet and four floors directly below was our evening dining room.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Grand Turk Island
I did the "Ultimate Snorkel" which took me to two locations. Loved seeing all the fish and nurse sharks. I got a little sea sick but overall really enjoyed the experience!
Half Moon Cay, Bahamas (Private Island)
Try to get off the ship as early as possible! Tendering between 11 and noon was hectic. By the time we ate we only had a couple hours left on the island, which was a shame after seeing how BEAUTIFUL it was!
We did Blue Lagoon Dolphin Close Encounter. A bus picked us up right off the pier and took us to the ferry that transported us to the island. We loved the dolphins and sea lions and you can tell the staff really cares for their animals and educating everyone on marine wildlife and protecting our wildlife/environment!

We connected with some fabulous people prior to the cruise in a roll call facebook group! Made the cruise that much more fun!