Awful for Wheelchair Accessiblity

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

8 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 04, 2015
Ship: Carnival Conquest

My cruise was predictable and ok, but it was ruined by Carnival in a sense. I traveled with my parents-- one of whom is in a wheelchair. Carnival promised me that their room would be fully accessible and would allow my father to access the balcony. But it was not-- and he could not venture out there. Also, the accessible rooms are in the FRONT of the ship. This is annoying for EVERYONE-- including other guests. It isn't fun to be trapped behind a slow moving wheelchair through a long hallway. If the accessible rooms were in the middle of the ship as they were when we sailed the Carnival Paradise, it would have been much better for everyone. The staff was nice. The shows were ok. The food was good, and the ports of call were good. On a positive note, we enjoyed Carnival over Disney since Carnival guests were more likely to take the stairs, leaving the elevators for people who required them like us.

We enjoyed this room for two people. I think it is much too small for four people (but aren't they all, except the suites). This cabin is towards the front of the ship.

Guy's Burger Joint was delicious. I would return to the Carnival Conquest under the right circumstances.

We enjoyed www.stmarteenaccessibletours.com -- hooray for Jeffers who made our trip
Nice people and good accessibility for everyone
No ADA accessible tours in the USA -- a real disappointment; plus the port was concrete and boring
Beautiful beach right at the port; plenty to do without having to spend money