Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Great food, crowded excursions

Sail Date: April 04, 2015

The food was wonderful.  Our waiter was super slow, but let us get double desserts or double entrees, whatever we wanted.  He was great, but slow at serving us.  We were ALWAYS last at our table to be served and leave.  We didn't have a full table ever, so this was a mystery to me. The actual food was delicious.

Excursions were very crowded, which was annoying.  Our guides on the Catamaran and sailing were not pleasant.  They spoke super fast and then we got yelled at for not following instructions.  I didn't know if the snorklers were going in shifts or all at once, or what.  You need to tell them on Grand Turk Island to slow down their speaking for all of us to understand.

The ride and rail excursion on St. Kitts was also crowded.  The locals singing to us looked extremely depressed.  It was painful to watch them sing.  Normally the singers look happy, but these were not.  I also would have liked to go to a batik shop or at least stop somewhere (Romney Manor) to look around.  The history of the island was great!

America's Cup Regatta was great.  I was a primary grinder.  I would have liked to have someone a little more chatty with me, but with a 15-year old, what can you expect.  I could never tell if we were leading or behind.  Maybe I'll have to watch the real race when it comes around.

I went to some trivia games.  Mike was always entertaining, but Victoria is till learning English and sometimes was hard to understand.  She also didn't understand how to play some of the sports' games.  Someone should teach her how to set up the tournament schedules for volleyball, ping pong or basketball.

The last cruise had very knowledgeable people who knew how to set up the tournaments and ran them very efficiently.  We were left to our own devices to figure out how to set up the tournaments.

Room was small, but comfy.
Great food, but slow service.
Room staff was awesome, but dining room staff was slow.
Most things were too loud. I had to leave because it was so annoying.
Mike made the trivia super fun. Anyone else was just okay.
Too crowded, but excellent destinations (so warm and beautiful)
Keep your bed clear for the towel animals!
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Took WAY too long to get through customs. I needed something to eat and almost passed out.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Basseterre, St. Kitts
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Grand Turk Island
SO Beautiful. I loved the fact that there was no boat tendering.

We went to formal breakfast and dinner every day and it's fantastic. The eggs benedict are so delicious. Never miss out on warm chocolate melting cake either. Ask for an extra ice cream. It's well worth it.