Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Exotic Southern Caribbean Cruise

Sail Date: February 21, 2015

This was my eighth cruise. The ports were excellent. The ship itself was fine. Service on the ship was excellent. Food on the ship was the worst I've had on any cruise, both in quality and selection. The ship's entertainment crew would've been perfect at a retirement home or other geriatric setting, but not for fun in the Caribbean. Also, booking my flights through BJ's, I was unable to select my seats, and had to pay an extra $39 per seat, each way, just to sit next to my wife! The ports themselves, are the only reason I'm rating this cruise as  3 stars. Otherwise, it was in the 1.5 star range. I travelled with my wife, sister, and brother in law, and they share my sentiments.

Worst selection and quality of any cruise I've been on.
Excellent service staff.
The shows were average for a cruise.
Activities seemed to be designed mostly for the older(elderly) crowd.
The ports themselves were excellent.
The cabin was excellent, but it cost $1000 more than an interior stateroom.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
It was an embarkation port.
Grand Turk Island
horseback riding
La Romana, Dominican Republic
dune buggies
Willemstad, Curacao
Oranjestad, Aruba
beach and submarine

You're not going to find a better set of ports to visit in one trip. The problem is that there are three days at sea, and the activities are severely lacking. The food is also not very good, except breakfast. Overall, this trip is not worth the extra $1500 you'd pay for a few different ports!

1 Comment