Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Very Good Overall with Minor Issues

Sail Date: May 18, 2014

This was my first cruise and it was very enjoyable for the most part. Some nights, dining service was kind of slow but our usual server was quite entertaining so timing wasn't so noticable. Out ship wasn't particularly packed so that was a huge plus with embarking and disembarking but this could differ. My only real complaint was the internet service: Expensive, slow, and unreliable. I know that I should've been enjoying myself instead of trying to Skpe with my fiance but it was what it was. I did find her the perfect ring on one of the ports so if nothing else, this made up for a lot.

We had no kids with us.
Get a window or better yet, get a balcony. The darkness all the time made it very confusing in terms of time.
Miami, Florida
Arrive early, and get on early. You never know when the ship may be filled to capacity and this will make your embarkment less enjoyable. Don't forget your papers.
It was nice but I'm not too sure about stepping outside of the port area without being led by trustworthy people.
Belize City, Belize
I'd stay inside the gates for sure if I were you unless you want to get beheaded or something.If you're going to go anywhere, go with a trustworthy guide in a group.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
The port was very nice but we were on an excursion and didn't see much of the city at all.
George Town, Grand Cayman

If you're planning on using the internet, wait to use it at the ports. There are several places that you can ask for and get on their WIFI. As for dining, choose the "Your time dining" option so that you're not tied to a specific time period for dining.