Fun with hubby

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 16, 2011
Ship: Carnival Conquest
The overall theme is French. The dining restaurants are Renoir and Monet. Eiffel tower decorations line the walls of the Renoir. There are lovely paintings throughout. The Theatre is beautiful as well.

The food was very good. Service was also very good and the staff is friendly and genuine. Good mixture of activities for all ages.

For whatever reason the mixed drinks did not taste good. My mojito tasted like a diet drink. I ordered a Dr. Pepper and rum which was hideous but then perhaps I made a mistake experiment. It sounded like it would be better than coke and rum but I was wrong.

We missed our stop in Grand Cayman which was very disappointing. We made it on time but were told the swells were too big to tender. However, the Norwegian cruise did make it ashore.

For the amount of food you'll be eating I highly recommend using the stairs as much as possible. My companion gained 10lbs!

Dance lessons, casino, nightclubs, comedians, magicians, musicals.

The tours through the ship are expensive. You can do the same things for less booking elsewhere or when you get there. However, if you book with the cruise there's less hassle and insurance. We climbed the Dunns River Falls and it was a lot of hard work but worth it and the drive is very scenic. We had some red beans and rice and jerk chicken at a local chain and they were excellent. I didn't think I like jerk chicken because i've only had it in the US and it tastes weird but it was wonderful in Jamaica.
We snorkeled, got a scooter and walked around the town. See the touristy area but don't get stuck there. There's more to the island than the shopping area for tourists. It felt very safe there. We went to one beach where there's a restaurant you pay a little money to to use. We snorkeled there. Then we drove further down the coast and found a free deserted beach and snorkeled there as well.

Pros: Shows

Cons: Missed one of our port stops due to 'weather' though another cruise ship got in

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!