Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Fabulous Family Vacation!

Sail Date: October 09, 2011

Traveled As: Family w/young children

The ship was immaculate! The crew was constantly cleaning and maintaining everything to the highest standards.

Pros: Our visit to Grand Cayman

Cons: Jamaica

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!

I cannot even begin to describe how far above and beyond this staff will go for you!
Lots of options for all age groups. The shows that we saw were high quality and the entertainers were true professionals.
My son does not like "group" activities, but he begged to go to the activities. He made many new friends (which was quite an accomplishment), and his counselors took excellent care of him. My daughter enjoyed the teen activities and the teen counselors were also "the best", or so I was told.
Stateroom seemed small for the 4 of us, but considering we didn't spend a lot of time there, it was a non-issue. Decor and cleanliness were top notch.
Once you can remember which decks go all the way through, you have it conquered. The layout is a little tricky at first.
The food was incredible. The choices were almost overwhelming, but the quality never suffered.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Not a big fan of Jamaica...Nothing that is Carnival's fault, just personal experiences. We stayed in the duty free area this time, and mostly aboard ship.
George Town, Grand Cayman
This was by far my family's favorite destination. We were very impressed with everything. Grand Cayman is top notch, and absolutely stunning! The people are all polite (total opposite of Jamaica), a little pricey but worth every penny! We are definitely making plans to return there.
Don't Miss: Turtles, turtles, and more turtles--don't miss this!!!
Best overall place to buy souvenirs, and the cheapest. Beautiful, although our day was a little rainy. People are super friendly and definitely don't be afraid to haggle on prices!
Don't Miss: Snorkeling--by the reaction from my family!