Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Horrible Customer Service!

Sail Date: February 20, 2011

We had a fog delay and the website said check back for updates on delays at 10:00 am eastern and there were no updates! I called and waited on hold for 30 minutes before carnival answered she had NO answers as far as what was going on or delay time. We drove in later than we were going to and got there at 12:30 where we were greated by the rudest parking people I have ever met! We waited in line for hours and finally got on the boat at 8:30 pm and then they announced that we were hit by another boat and were waiting for Coast Guard to inspect and give us the clear to go and after they finally did that they closed the port due to fog again. We finally left at 8:30 am Monday morning and found out they were not going to go to Jamaica now and instead going to the worst port I have ever seen Progresso. There were 2 pools but they were very small and they were ice cold! The hot tubs were only hot about half the time and the employees couldn't speak English and if you asked them a question they would just walk away and ignore you cause they didn't know English. When we tried to talk to the front desk about missing out on Jamaica she said "You are wasting your time here because Carnival does not give comps or credits and we should be wasting our time somewhere else on the ship!" We were also supposed to get a free excursion from by booking with them and when we went to get our excursion Carnival made us pay for it and said they have never heard of giving free excursions. I will never ever cruise Carnival ever again and everyone I know will know about our bad experience!

Pros: The Magic Show and Cozumel

Cons: They shorted us a day of the cruise and didnt credit us anything and we didnt go to Jamaica which was the only reason we booked this cruise

Recommends Carnival Conquest? No.

They cleaned our room to the point that it was awkward running into our room steward seemed almost every time we went back to the room. There was not much to the ship and I expected more but I guess you get what you paid for.
Buffet was not that great but the main Monet dining room was better
King bed was 2 twins pushed together with a spacer in between and it was very hard!
some were very nice! Most were rude and several didn't speak English at all!
Montego Bay, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
water was pretty but didnt have much time to do much. Restaurants for lunch on the beach gouged us on prices for tourist but that was expected.
Did our own trip to Chankanaab Park and it was great. I wish we didnt do the excursion from Carnival and just stayed there the whole time!
Don't Miss: Chankanaab Park