Carnival Conquest Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Something you should know

Sail Date: September 16, 2007

I have been on 6 cruises so I thought I had experienced most everything that could happen but I was totally unprepared and stunned by the almost three hour wait in line to board the ship. Unbearable! Debarking in Cozumel was also poorly executed. The stairways and elevator areas were so tightly packed with people that you couldn't breathe. Other ships we have been on don't announce that you can go ashore until you actually can. The boat itself is clean but I wished that someone would have commented on how unremarkable the Conquest is. We were cruising with my parents as a gift for their 50th anniversary, it was their first cruise and I was unimpressed by the smallness of the lobby and theater and dining rooms. The ship felt very closed and it seemed like it was all hallways and low ceilings. We had a balcony suite and I will say that it was the nicest cabin we have stayed in. My husband and I agree that it was the best cruise we have been on for the food and service but the ship was very dissappointing.

Pros: Excellent food, wonderful service

Cons: Getting on and off ship was a NIGHTMARE

Recommends Carnival Conquest? Yes!