The french toast was good.

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Carnival Breeze

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 21, 2019

Ship: Carnival Breeze

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 2392

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Embarkation

Ship experiences

I wish the buffet times on the lido deck were defined better. Loved getting my french toast every morning, wasn't sure of the cut-off time and I missed my toast as the curtain was being closed. I was happy with the food offered in the sapphire dining room. however,

I did not participate in any of the pools or hot tubs. Too many kids. We did enjoy sunbathing in the chaise loungers but packed in like sardines was not nice.

Loved the violinists that played in the atrium. Loved the piano man.

We had teenagers with us.

We hardly ever seen our room steward and had been told how great they were and how they always knew your name. Everyone was friendly especially everytime I got lost and couldn't find my room. I did get the feeling we were being a bother to the wait staff. I am used to not having to ask for refills on my water or tea and having to wait was painfully long in coming.

My favorite part was sitting out on the balcony and just watching the water. Well worth the money. Definitely no fear of falling overboard.

Ship tip

Take a huge cooler cup to fill with water and ice at breakfast to keep you hydrated throughout the day and refill at dinner so you will have something to drink at night. $3.95 is crazy to pay for water.

Ports of call

This port did not have a beach but you could walk just to a makeshift beach and lay in lounge chairs.

Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

Only redeeming thing about this cruise. The excursion we did take. Went to see the monkeys, sloths and parrots. LOVED THIS!

Belize City, Belize

I can't be around the cold without being in pain. So when I heard we were going to Belize on Christmas day, I was overjoyed! My gift, all I wanted was to sunbathe on the beach in Belize! Sounds awesome, right? Some Christmas wishes do not come true. Sadly we didn't have long at all in port. We would have to take a cab ride 1.5 hrs r/t to a beach. None of this was explained. If I knew about this at every port, I would have just got off ship long enough to say I on this island and got right back on.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

We didn't take a lot of money for excursions. This was our first cruise and just from looking at the ports of call, we wanted to get off the ship find the nearby beach and go snorkling. THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN AT ANY PORT OF CALL ON THIS CRUISE ROUTE! Our Christmas gift for our family was ruined!1q1

Disembarkation

I felt like I was running for my life or be run over by the masses.