Worst Vacation and Worst Cruise I have ever been on.

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Carnival Breeze

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 12, 2019

Ship: Carnival Breeze

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6404

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Over priced...will NEVER go on another Carnival again...EVER! Worst experience AND worst vacation we have EVER had!

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Sapphire was mediocre at best. Every night we dined, there were issues. Slow service, something wrong with the food, limited choices, disappointing. The buffets were ok...way too crowded and standing in line behind employees was ridiculous. We should NOT be waiting behind 3 employees if we are guests. The burger place was the best food, bar none. The 15 drink limit per day on the bev package is ridiculous and the fact that you cannot get two drinks at once, a bucket of beer, etc...is ridiculous. Too few servers for the pool decks and casino.

The pools stunk. They were overcrowded, too small, and again so many people crowded every section of this ship. We were only able to sit on the side of the pool for 10 mins one day....all other days...there was no room. No one was enforcing the 40 minute rule on abandoned towels, even though you have it posted everywhere. So disappointed.

The shows were entertaining. The best part about the ship.

No one was particularly memorable with the exception of our state room attendant Chianyo? Shianyo? I hope I spelled that right. We were VERY happy with her. She was attentive, thorough, kind, EXCEPTIONAL! Put her on a better boat where she is with other employees at the top of their game!

Bathrooms were rarely kept clean. Casino was super crowded. Bars were crowded. Not enough pool space for the amount of guests.

Disappointed balcony looked over another deck. The room itself was good. What you would expect. The one side of the bed was angled so my husband was miserable. Water pressure in shower was great.

Ship tip

Cancel! Don't go. Worst cruise experience I have ever had and I have been on 6 cruises. If I had to be diplomatic...I would say, go expecting to pay extra for everything and wait in line for all food and drinks...

Ports of call

Amber Cove (Puerto Plata), Dominican Republic

Excursion to Playa Bachata was a disaster. All of the people on the excursion took the very first shuttle back. Most of us got a full refund it was so bad.

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Shopped, the Fort

Grand Turk Island

Beach break was great

Disembarkation

Pretty good....again, very crowded, but you expect it the day you leave...not the entire cruise. Staff was clearly ready to see us all go....bad moods all around.