Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great family vacation!

Sail Date: August 21, 2016

Traveled As: Family w/young children

We had a really great time.  The Breeze is a beautiful ship with tons of activities.  We took our 7 and 9 year old kiddos.  They didn't love the camp carnival and opted to stay with us the whole time.  Which was ok by us.  Both kids loved the evening dinning experience.  Sherwin and his team were amazing.  It was pretty frequent that I had to ask their opinion and make slight changes to the menu to accommodate a picky kid.  The Indian meal was by far the best meal, ever.  The water slides were fun and the sky walk was a little much for me but the kids loved it.  The shows we attended were kid friendly.  Magic show and a few music theater style shows, family game show, and towel making class.  Our cabin was way better than I had anticipated.  We had a king bed and bunks for the kids.  There was plenty of room and the balcony view was enjoyed every morning.  The staff is incredible.  Jenny was awesome and our room was always tidy and the kids were always eager to see what animal would be waiting for them.  Plenty of food options during the days.  So much so that I never got hungry enough to try the sushi place.  The pools were nice but really really warm, like almost hot tub style.  We booked a few excursions.  In Belize we booked snorkeling.  This wasn't the best experience.  It was a pretty lengthy charter to get there.  The guide was impatient, with a large first time group.  This was the only option for a 7 year old.  The water was beautiful.  But not worth the 300.00 we paid to snorkel.  My kids were terrified of the coral because of the briefing.  "it's alive, don't touch anything, it's poisonous."  So they went out pretty scared and the group moved so fast.  My daughter lost her flipper and my son had a melt down when someone touched him because he thought we was poisoned.  We ended up calling the rescue guy who took them back.  It was disappointing.  But they did snorkel in the really shallow part.  There was nothing else to do and they were ready to get back to the ship.  In Honduras we did the unlimited magic chair lift and shell seats.  That was well worth it.  Easily our fav port.  Gorgeous and super fun with the floating mats provided with the chairs and the lift was really fun.  Cozumel was a fun day as well.  It's a busy busy busy week but such a great experience for us.  We came home exhausted and missing the food!!!  Our kids have already asked to cruise again next year.

I'm so glad we upgraded to the balcony. The space was adequate for the 4 of us. Comfortable king bed. The staff, amazing. The beds were always made and then turned down after dinner. I was beyond spoiled with their great service. Jenny and her team did such an incredible job!!!
Galveston, Texas
Belize City, Belize
Beautiful but we just booked the wrong excursion for our family.
Mahogany Bay, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras