Carnival Breeze Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great Ship, Great Itinerary

Sail Date: August 21, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

The Breeze is one of Carnival's best ships. Beautiful decor, great food, attentive staff, tons of entertainment. They have a plethora of quality live musicians scattered around the ship to make each room "pop." (That said, the main shows were sub par.)

We enjoyed the ports very much. This was the first time traveling to the Western Caribbean for both me and my friend that I traveled with.

In Cozumel we did the Whale Sharks Excursion, purchased through Carnival. That was the one and only let down of the trip. Terribly organized by the tour operator. 7+ hours of travel time for 2 minutes in the water with a Whale Shark. Not enough time to really appreciate it. Excursion tour guide was not personable or pleasant. They offered horrible food on the way back to the ship.

In Belize it was the opposite. On the Lamanai Mayan Ruins & River Boat Safari excursion we had the time of our lives. The tour guide, Elvis, was informative and funny. He never let a moment go by without everyone learning something and having fun. The ruins were incredible. Excellent food and service was provided.

In Roatan I spent the day at Paya Bay, a private resort. It was very enjoyable. Very peaceful place, filled with beautiful plants and wildlife, and a couple of great beaches. Food was included. You could hike, explore, swim, eat, drink, kayak, and snorkel!

Overall an excellent cruise!

Cruise Photos

Loved the "Cove" style balcony! Close to the water and very private. Very clean and plenty of space.
Galveston is a pain in the butt of a port to sail out of if you're not local. The airport is 90 minutes away.

I also thought that Customs took MUCH longer to get through everyone at the end than other ports I've been to. (We waited an hour, and were near the front of the line getting off the ship.)

Texas' liquor tax laws and limits for bringing in booze were stupid.
Roatan and Belize excursions were GREAT!

Cozumel was not.
Live musicians playing all over the ship were GREAT!

Main shows were poorly done. Music was tracked in and singers/dancers were sub par.

Top notch ship! I'd say the best Carnival ship I've sailed on yet. Decor is less "loud" and gaudy than their older ships. Number of options for dining, activities, bars were amazing.