Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean

Disappointed and injured on my first " Princess" Cruise

Sail Date: October 04, 2014

I.Safety -

a. Communications: We were unable to hear annoucements from the Captain in our room ( A731). We had to run to the door and open it to listen. Only the call to practice putting on life preservers and the call the Captain made to his staff saying "Search" was loud really loud.

b. Medical:  I experienced a fall while going through the entrance of the lower level of the ferry to Cozemel. I was bruised and have since experienced pain. The Ship's doctor said it would take time to heal.   A Medical assistant spoke with me when I returned to the office for something else for the soreness. He asked me who did I blame for my accident. I told him I had to think about it.  I have thought about it and I believe that  safety is the responsibility of Risk Management Teams of Princess and of UltraMar-Volando El Mar.  Safety practices of contractors and sub-contrators should go hand in hand to preserve the safety of the customers.

II. Financial or what?

a. My husband, Marcus and I are both Vietnam Era veterans.  Marcus received a Veterans perk of $250.00 on billing expenses. Rithm the front desk clerk said my husband was not qualified initially that my husband could not have it . My husband showed him that he had submitted his documents. He went on line and said, "oh yes it's there " .

b. We received a copy of  our billing at the end of the cruise.  We were billed double for for our gratuities. Anything my husband ordered was charged to his credit card and also to mine. Again, we went to Rithm and showed him the problem. He said there was no problem.  He then screamed and left the counter and came back to ask if we wanted to take off all gratuities. I said yes if it would make things right and honest. I am still uncomfortable  with what happened.

III. Cutting corners.

a.The perk booklets we received  had nothing that would appeal to those in an "ebola" state of mine. Spas!!  No laundry perks, especially for those who were on a 14-day ride. To clean and dry clothes was a minimum of ($9.00) and you had to dry clothes twice

b. What are your financial goals? Drinks, simple wine ($7.00) and ($6.00) and $11.50 gratuity per glass. Are you trying to downsize the service staff or create poor customer relations with the price of house drinks?

a. Baggage: brand new piece of Large Coelman, from Walmart, for $89.00. One (1) wheel gone, when we received it at our room. When we got home the handle was torn, there was a slash, and the word Coleman was falling off.

b. We took the cruise to go to Turks and Caicos and Saint Marteen. I'd never been there. We are a well cruised couple. My mother passed in February of 2013 and my father passed in April of 2013. Marcus lost his uncle In February of 2013 as well. It's been a lot  trying to get everything settled. We  needed to to getaway  and we still do. We don't feel fullfiled or rested. I am writing all of this for you when I feel you did not fullfil your commitment to us. I am worn out. You took our money and I feel you broke a promise. The storm never came in our direction . But the lit up Carnival Ship stared us in the eye lit up in all it's glory.  The small ship out side of it EBOLA or Immigrants?? Whatever it was we have paid dearly

The Staff

a. Ariel, our stateroom steward, was wonderful. Always there, never said no.  He is extremely astute and should be consulted. He and the rest of the staff on the blue side of the Aloha deck were very friendly and attentive. They made us feel welcome, always greeted us with a smile and a pleasant, "Hello", "Welcome Back", "Good Morning" etc.

Marcus and Joyce Wood

Room A731, Princess Caribbean

October 4, 2014 -Ocrober 18, 2014

Ship Quality condition is not okay nor bad . The ship had cracks and separations from the wall. The entryways need to be addressed etc . The bathrooms need to be checked for black mold. The Risk Management should walk/ evaluate the ship for safety at least once minimum of once a month for spreventive safety and health problems
Fruit juices not available, Ice cream hard to find. Not spiaghetti near the pizza. The and what is Bircher. The seafood restaurant was not open all the time.
Ariel was astute and the best as far as customer service was concerned
The live mid-ship entertainment was great. Television PBS channels were limited in both USA and other international channels
Children's Programs N/A
Never got to the places that we took the cruise for and not comfortable with the reason why we did not complete the tour itinerary as planned .The hurricane was not a threat.
Change the shower curtains often to prevent mold
George Town, Grand Cayman
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Ride in the the bike driven chair . I was hurt glad it was available
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Never got to go there. We took the cruise to visit this place
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Never got to go there. We took the cruise to visit this place
Grand Turk Island
Never got to go there. We took the cruise to see visit this place

The buffets were fair.Bircher was questioned by most ,yet it was still there every morning. Anytime dining was nice .