Fantastic Atlantic Islands

Britannia Cruise Review to Europe

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: L221

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

The Britannia has had some negative reviews but I could not find anything that I did not like. The weather at sea was very rough at times and I was glad I was on such a big ship. It was my first Cruise and even though I cannot compare with any other ship I would go on the Britannia again without any hesitation.

Embarkation

Fast and helpful. I requested Assistance as I am disabled and couldnt have been met with more friendlier and helpful people. Nothing was too much trouble.

Ship experiences

Every place was excellent especially the Meridian Restaurant.

I didnt do any.

Excellent and first class singers and dancers

Everyone helpful and friendly especially my Cabin Steward

Everything beautiful and spotlessly clean.

Single cabin had plenty of room and plenty of space in the wardrobes etc. There is nothing that I didnt like. Bathroom excellent.

Ship tip

Give yourself plenty of time to find your way around this huge ship. Enjoy exploring it without rushing to find everything straight away.

Ports of call

Southampton (London), England

Embarked from this Port

La Coruna, Spain

Interesting place. Excursion was the leisurely one and took in great scenery.

Funchal, Madeira

Madeira wonderful place. Excursion again was the leisurely one which took in great scenery.

La Palma, Canary Islands

Lovely place with beautiful flowers and plam trees etc. Excursion was excellent way to see around this small island.

Gran Canaria

I was not keen on this Port. Bit scruffy and Las Palmas not very pretty. I went on an excursion which took us over to the other side of the island to Magan ertc and it was excellent there. I am glad I didnt hang around Las Palmas.

Lanzarote

Very beautiful and strange place with magical scenery. I went on the excursion to Timanfaya National Park. It was like being on Mars or the Moon. Must see place.

Cadiz (Spain)

Excellent and beautiful. Short walk from the ship to Cadiz centre. Did not need to go on an excursion as there was lots to see in Cadiz. Loved the wild ring necked parakeets in the trees.

Disembarkation

Everything was smooth and fast again. Assistance perfect with helpful and friendly people.