Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

THE FIVE DAY NIGHTMARE

Sail Date: March 05, 2015

From the time we stepped onto the ship, the ever so unexpected experience began.  A multiple time client of RCCL and I never expected to see this.

We both started sneezing and continued to do so throughout the 5 days except for the 4 hours in Cozumel every time we walked into the cabin 8044.

The same breakfast and lunch buffet was provided daily with few new options, but like the evening dinner selections, ALL was too salty and food had to be returned.   The 3rd night, my wife ordered a Strip steak Med Rare and was served a 1/4 inch MED WELL  piece of sirloin with gristle and fat.  Sent it back and came back same cut and MEDIUM.   Meat in general was a grey color and so she never had dinner.  We made reservations for the Italian Specialty Restaurant and so we pre-selected items to have them made with less salt and gluten free.   They told us they would reconfirm if any issues.

We arrived to the dinner and no one knew we had pre-ordered so the waiter tried bring us menus, bread etc... the gluten free bread was a cake bread not a french bread or foccaccia.   They informed no crepes could be made gluten free and the appetizer my wife chose was not edible.  The crepes came out COLD and then the lamb chops were ordered MED RARE and came out like rubber balls MED WELL once again along with my chicken entree was a plastic frisbee.  We once again got up and NEVER had DINNER for the 2nd nite.   We went to MARY in the MINSTREL dining room and requested veggies and a cheese plate since no other options were open.

I have just had 3 cardio procedures/surgeries 7 weeks ago and I am trying to relax and keep the stress low.   I was never so upset in my life and this all effected my health and well being.  I am still sick from the food and the poor ventilation our cabin had as well as my wife.

We also had a clogged toilet 2 time not able to use our own bathroom and we had to request cleaning in the room which was also DIRTY.  Stained curtains, the mildew and carpet all less than 5 star.

We were taking a relaxing few days and also checking things out for a company incentive which I doubt we will be doing with RCCL until I can see improvements.  The high quality has been compromised for sure.

I want a refund for this entire disaster.   We also took 3 medications and lost out another 2 days of work on return.  We could not enjoy evening shows on the ship since the meds kept us with nausea and drowsiness.

There was nothing we enjoyed since the free days at see , the pool was overcrowded and we could not swim until the day in Cozumel.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dr Nagy Farag MD