Brillance of the Sea Summary

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

4 Night Western Caribbean (Tampa Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 20, 2014
Ship: Brilliance of the Seas

We liked the variety of activities:  basketball, ping pong, pool, fitness center, eating, & shows.

At check in we were asked if anyone coughed, had a running nose in last 7 days. We were honest and said yes, but had to wait 2 hours for a nurse to clear us to enter ship.  I would suggest to either have more than one nurse available during check in or reprise the question to are you contagious now.

Movie theatre was overpacked at both shows we attended, leaving people to either sit in aisle or not participate.  I would offer movie at more times.

Same with shows, I would offer the shows 2 different times a night.

I thought the food was just okay.  The last time I was on a cruise there was entertainment during the main dining.  The food was spread out on buffets in decorative ways and there were ice sculptors.  The dining was not any different than if I would have ate on land.  I would like to see a more special atmosphere.

Though our base amount of the cruise was $1200, the end cost was $3000 with all the added fees, port charges, tips and one excursion.  We ended up paying $1000 per day and that is without any upgrades to drinks etc.. I personally do not think what we received was worth that much.  I could do a lot more on land for that amount.

Expected better quality and creative arrangements. What we got was no different that if we were on land.

A pretty good variety. However only a few could participate at one time.

People were great, but their should have been more performances to choose from.

Activities only for 12-17. Nothing for 18-21.

Would have like more direction as to where to go and what to do, everything was left up to us to research ourselves.

Average.. not spectacular.

When the sofa bed was pulled out to sleep, there was not enough room to walk from one end of room to the other to get to the bathroom or whatever. Another 6 inches would have been nice. Or have bunk beds. Kids said sleeper was very uncomfortable.

Pick a definite time to eat. Go to shows early to get a seat. Read bulletin of events.

Not too much to do.