Customer Service

Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Northern Europe

Contributor Level: Third Mate

12 Night Scandinavia & Russia (Harwich Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 14, 2014
Ship: Brilliance of the Seas

The cruise started out a little rough in that they had very long lines at boarding.  It seems that passengers on the previous cruise booked London excursions and they returned to the ship as a good number of us new ones were boarding.  They had two security checks for the returning passengers and only one for the new passengers.  Since there were more new the returning passengers it created a massive back up.

I do have to recommend the ships customer service once boarded.  They excelled in my opinion.  My brother lost his luggage in New York and the ship (through no fault of their own) went out of the way to help him.  They gave him clothes as well as a voucher for free laundry service.  They kept on top of the airline for the recovery which occured on the fourth day in Stockholm.

I had a good experience as well.  I injured my ankle while on the equipment in the gym, at first there was no problem until later in the day when it began to swell.  I visited the ship's doctor and was given a cane and ankle brace which helped a lot.  They did not charge me.