Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Third Mate

Wait a minute!

Sail Date: January 26, 2013

Traditionally (on our many cruises) we look forward to having food better than at home - not so this cruise - the food was well below that of other cruises. The orange juice was so watered that it was nasty - you could (PURCHASE) fresh squeezed - something unheard of in past cruises. The staff was super - some more so than others. My bed had a broken spring that once scratched - I was careful to attempt to avoid - but this poor equipment wasn't on other cruises. They rather promise luggage delivery within a two hour frame - my daughter was very worried - she waited over four hours - all things that are negative to a relaxing vacation.
watered down oj - nasty!
don't care for broken bed springs
San Juan, Puerto Rico
San Juan is always beautiful.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands Pleasant as are most islands
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Rosemary's Restaurant is exceptional.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Highly commercial - I had opportunity to go to Nevis - loved their history.
Pointe-A-Pitre, Guadeloupe
Seems to be a lot of petty crime (even in port area).
Bridgetown, Barbados
A bit of hassle getting a taxi - best to go downtown and then hire the cab.

If you enjoy the casinos - this one has a button to expel your cabin card - my husband was digging his out.