Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Wonderful ship - not so great food

Sail Date: December 17, 2007

Saw wonderfully low prices on website and as I have cruised RCI many times, including on this ship, took advantage of this 4 night just prior to Christmas offering. Ship is one of RCI's Radiance Class ,a wonderfully bright, modern, airy, class of ship with about 2200 pax - a smaller Voyager class ship with many of the same amenities. Have made 145 cruises and am sorry to say that food was among the worst that I have ever experienced. RCI's "new" menus feature fewer choices of "cheaper" entrees than their "old menu"..Food in their lido buffet area - Windjmammer was terrible - cold, limited selection, poor quality. I loved the ship but dining was not up to standards - even RCI standards, which aren't very high to begin with.

Pros: The ship - light, airy, lots of glass, good traffic flow

Cons: Food - particularly in Lido buffet

Recommends Brilliance of the Seas? Yes!

Key West, Florida
Have been here many too many times and can't stand row upon row of T shirt shops intermingled with sour smelling bars. So I just went ashore for a few minutes to "stretch my legs" and came back to ship where I was able to enjoy "empty" pool areas etc. after everyone else had "run" ashore.
Key West, Florida
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Again as above. I love staying aboard while everyone else goes ashore - I have the ship and its facilities to myself. Lately I notice that more and more experienced cruisers are doing the same as I am. Unfortunately the ONLY venuee available for lunch aboard while everyone was ashore was RCI's Seaview Cafe - a wonderful place for a light lunch but which was overwhelmed when a couple of hundred "stay aboards" attempted to eat there. Many went to their rooms and attempted to order off the room service menu, but I'm told were met with silence when attempting to call "room service".
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)