Brilliance of the Seas Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Panama Canal Cruise

Sail Date: March 06, 2006

I've cruised with Royal Carribean twice now, once aboard the Adventure of the Seas, and more recently aboard the Brilliance of the Seas. The cruise I had aboard the Brilliance of the Seas took us to Haiti, Aruba, Curacao, Panama, and Costa Rica. The cruise was 11 nights long, and it was during the first few weeks of March. If you're considering this cruise, you should know that we couldn't have picked a better time to go. Out of 11 night voyage, there was only about half an hour of rain on a single day. The temperatures ranged between 80 degrees in Miami up to 100 degrees in Panama. There was no shortage of sun, and the weather was absolutely perfect. As far as the ship goes, the Brilliance of the Seas is top of the line. The most notable difference in the Brilliance of the Seas (from the Adventure) was the missing ice skating rink. But besdies that, it had all of the ammenities I expected, including putt-putt, the rock climbing wall, the sports court, the casino, and all of the clubs. On the cruise, I took my seven year old son with me. If you're considering taking your child, you'll be glad to know that the children's program aboard Royal Caribbean is top notch. Before we left, I worried that he would get bored on such a long cruise, but there was never a dull moment for him. He loved the cruise and would gladly go again in a moments notice. As far as the itenerary is concerned, there is something on this cruise to interest everyone, from the tropical beaches of the islands, to the engineering marvels of the Panama Canal. Also, the service aboard the Brilliance of the Seas was no less than marvelous. The staff was friendly and went well beyond the call of duty to please their onboard family. If you're thinking of taking this same cruise, or any other RCCL cruise, I would highly recommend it. You can't go wrong with Royal Caribbean.

Pros: The Brilliance of the Seas is an amazing ship, full of activities and entertainment.

Cons: Although the shore excursions were very good, some of the countries we stopped in were very poor and dirty.

Willemstad, Curacao
Cristobal, Panama
The metropolitan areas of Cristobal were very poor and dirty. The outlying regions were beautiful though, and were well worth the visit.
Don't Miss: Do the monkey canopy tour.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Oranjestad, Aruba
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
The metropolitan areas of Puerto Limon were very poor and dirty. The outlying regions were beautiful though, and were well worth the visit.
Don't Miss: If you have time to travel to the Western coast of Puerto Rica, that area is much cleaner.