50th Birthday and 5 yr Anniversary Celebration

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Anthem of the Seas

9 Night Canada & New England (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)

Sail date: October 10, 2019

Ship: Anthem of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 12702

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

We truly could have not booked this cruise at a better time - beautiful fall foliage everywhere at every port. Booking at when we booked it will also put you into that percentage where you could end up cruising in some really bad weather such as ours where waves were coming over the 9th floor balconies. The staff was exemplary about Everything specifically taken care of excursions that had to be canceled due to weather. I would highly recommend Royal Caribbean to anyone! One of our favorite cruise lines!

Embarkation

Our embarkation wasn't too bad. A small line, but we moved along quickly

Ship experiences

I had many pictures on my phone but honestly I do not know what happened to them. This Room was very nice and it had a great view when we were circling the Statute of Liberty. Is a Room with a balcony necessary on this type of cruise? It truly depends on the weather which didn't cooperate for us but nonetheless the Room was great.

Ship tip

I believe that you do not need to book a balcony room on this type of cruise, since there's not much of a scenery... My husband loves the balcony due to the sunset/sunrise so if you're that type of person then disregard that tip. Having cruised on several other Royal ships, this ship is a closed kind of ship ie limited outside walking area which was a good thing as we sailed through some really rough weather!

Ports of call