Had a wonderful cruise Nov 2nd-Nov 9th

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Anthem of the Seas

7 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)

Sail date: November 02, 2019

Ship: Anthem of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 8674

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This ship is great. You can do as much or as little as you want.i enjoyed my much needed vacation.

Embarkation

We had the Key Program, no issues at all.

Ship experiences

Jamie's Italian

Went in with low expectations because we eat Italian food all the time but we were pleasantly surprised and we ate there a few times during the week! Delicious every time!

Chops Grille

Food and Service was great.

I tried the indoor skydiving and Northstar. Both were so much fun! I saw We Will Rock You which was really good. It was a little long, almost 2 hours, but the singers were amazing!

Everyone was Very friendly.

Beautiful ship I felt it was a little crowded on the Royal Esplanade. I was surprised that it only had 1 ice cream station on the pool deck. For almost 5,000 passengers you would think they would have more. The line got long a few times.

Our cabin was a handicap accessible cabin 8674. Very nice cabin with a balcony. People always complain that the beds are uncomfortable but I liked it and so did my husband. Plenty of storage. Nice large balcony. Very happy with this cabin.

Ship tip

Book indoor skydiving and northstar, and shows ahead of time on the cruise planner. Everything is less expensive if booked ahead of time, drinks plan, dining plan, shore excursions. Do it all before you get onboard.

Ports of call

I did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter and I loved every minute of it! The Dolphin were so gentle and friendly. They took great pictures. I got 4 pictures for around $40.00. The excursion included a stay at the beach to use their water activities but I really just wanted to do the dolphins so I got back to the ship as early as I could. Great experience with the dolphins!

Perfect Day At Coco Cay, Bahamas

Loved the water park in Coco Cay. The slides, wave pool and food was all so good! I did go to Chill Island beach and with 2 ships there it felt pretty crowded. The water park did not feel crowded at all. The oasis pool is really fun. The padded floor of the pool felt great on my tired feet. Lol

Port Canaveral, Florida

I booked the Universal Studios excursion through the ship and and it was great. Had a wonderful day. Just wish I had more time in the park.

Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey

All we did was get on the ship here.

Disembarkation

Very easy, no problems at all.