Wonderful trip with Anthem to the New England and Canada

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Anthem of the Seas

9 Night Canada & New England (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 23, 2018

Ship: Anthem of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 9174

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

It was my very first cruise experience and I’m so glad I picked this ship with many activities onboard, modern design, newer ship with thoughtful features. Do your home work to learn more about the trip. We enjoyed Royal Caribbean cruise so much and booked our next 2019 7-days West Mediterranean cruise with Oasis of the sea onboard!!

Embarkation

I did my pre-check-in online a week before and the process went effortlessly

Ship experiences

I purchased the Speciality Dinning Package for 3-meals and it was well worth the $ with excellent food and Dinning experience, the main Dinning rooms also offered very good food and excellent service, the staff were very friendly and helpful!!

There are plenty of things to do, I tried I-fly, rock-climbing, bumper car, and watch all 3 major production shows and few other shows.. make sure you book these activities in advance via the Compass App or cruise planner online before your cruise.

All shows and entertainment were very good and fun, the staff were fun and entertaining

Our main Dinning room waiter Ronal and his assistant Frederick were excellent and room steward Dwein was always there and super friendly and courteous

This is a huge ship but well designed and maintained. I watched many YouTube videos before the cruise and learned all features and layout so by the 2nd day onboard I pretty much know my way around the ship very well.

I love the thoughtful and attention to detail design features of our room, many storage space and the bathroom night light feature, balcony drapes overlapping so sun light won’t come in, a 9-days cruise we feel very comfortable in the space. Also Mid-ship 9th floor and center location I don’t feel much of motion at all, if someone like me get motion sickness easily should definitely consider mid ship room.

Ship tip

Do your homework before and learn all about the ship, YouTube and ShipMate are good place to find out more info

Ports of call

Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey

Very organized and efficient embarkation and disembarkation process. Only waited 5-min for our Uber at the dedicated Zone on disembarkation day

Boston, Massachusetts

We did a bus tour and it ends by noon the we had a lot of free time to explore the city on our own

Portland, Maine

Beautiful little town and after our excursion we walked around the port did some shopping and had an excellent lobster meal

Bar Harbor, Maine

The tender process went effortlessly and quick, beautiful town and weather was so nice

Saint John, New Brunswick

We did a foodie tour which was a bit disappointing compared to some other foodie tour we did in different cities, there were limited food samples and choices but our tour guide was very knowledgeable about the history of the town and we enjoyed it.

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Peggy’s cove was beautiful and we were very lucky the weather was all nice every port, it was foggy on the way to the light house but by the time our bus arrived we’re all cleared for photo taken

Disembarkation