Too Big

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Contributor Level: Third Mate

9 Night Canada & New England (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 25, 2016

The Anthem is a very High Tec ship but too big for me.  The bests parts were the use of Classic Dynamic Dining.  Instead of having to make daily reservations and then stand in long lines to be seated. I dined with the same foursome each day and we rotated in all four of the major dining rooms with the same wait staff the whole time.  The food was excellent and different in each of the restaurants.  I particularly liked Silk.  The entertainment was quite good and very high tech - especially Seventy Two theater.  I had the single balcony room #6648 and it was fine for one but two would be on top of one another.  No chair, just a small stool.  My balcony had very good views, but some of the deluxe singles look out on the huge lifeboats.  Beware, they don't say restricted view!

I found such a large ship to be impersonal and communication with staff was difficult, my phone calls were not returned.  The exceptions were our excellent wait staff(Antiss and Jerry) and the bartenders who were always cheerful and chatty (especially in Seventy Two).   I am a Senior and much prefer the smaller ships.

Great wait staff

Not applicable

see above

The Smart Phone app is excellent and does not need wireless. Use it to book entertainment ASAP.
I had paid wireless on my iPad and it was spotty. Not great, but hard to do without.