Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: July 28, 2016

Having been on over 10 Royal Caribbean cruises I can clearly state that this was the most disappointing.   We stayed in a balcony room, which was very nice.   The ship is beautiful, though there are not many shows/ entertainment.  The swimming pool in very small, especially considering that there are 4,000 guest!  The food in the individual dining room was just OK, however the food was very good at the specialty restaurants.  The service was decent, but not the outstanding service that I am used to on a RCCL.  It seems that because tips are automatically assessed, the staff just doesn't work as hard.  We had one server in the dining area, who was very nice, but clearly overwhelmed.  She had no assistant, though they billed us for gratuity for an assistant waiter.  It took three days to work out problems that we had with our dinner reservations and we never received any help from our headwaiter, who we barely met, but was assessed a gratuity charge for.   I could go on and on. I was very excited about experiencing this new ship,  and though I had a good time, I still left very disappointed. I hope that they can work out the kinks.

Very nice cabin. The size was very nice and there was good closet/ storage space.
Embarkation was very good. Disembarkation was horrible.
We were in Puerto Rico from 8am until noon. Nothing opens until 9. Who thought that was a good decision?
Not enough.
There were not many shows, but the ones that they had were great.
Most of them were not very engaging, but we LOVED Yelena, at the Schooner bar!
Great in specialty restaurant- just ok in the main dining areas.
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
King's Wharf, Bermuda
Bermuda is BEAUTIFUL. WE spent the day at the beach.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Having been to St. Maarten so many times, we decided to do a day trip to the Westin Resort. We had a great time.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I love Puerto Rico, however, there is very little time to enjoy it.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Labadee is beautiful. We did the biplane excursion and it was amazing.

If you can, eat at the Sushi restaurant. It was the BEST food on the ship.