NOT UP TO RCCL STANDARDS

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

9 Night Bermuda & Eastern Caribbean (Cape Liberty Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 28, 2016
Ship: Anthem of the Seas

Having been on over 10 Royal Caribbean cruises I can clearly state that this was the most disappointing.   We stayed in a balcony room, which was very nice.   The ship is beautiful, though there are not many shows/ entertainment.  The swimming pool in very small, especially considering that there are 4,000 guest!  The food in the individual dining room was just OK, however the food was very good at the specialty restaurants.  The service was decent, but not the outstanding service that I am used to on a RCCL.  It seems that because tips are automatically assessed, the staff just doesn't work as hard.  We had one server in the dining area, who was very nice, but clearly overwhelmed.  She had no assistant, though they billed us for gratuity for an assistant waiter.  It took three days to work out problems that we had with our dinner reservations and we never received any help from our headwaiter, who we barely met, but was assessed a gratuity charge for.   I could go on and on. I was very excited about experiencing this new ship,  and though I had a good time, I still left very disappointed. I hope that they can work out the kinks.

Great in specialty restaurant- just ok in the main dining areas.

Not enough.

There were not many shows, but the ones that they had were great.

Most of them were not very engaging, but we LOVED Yelena, at the Schooner bar!

Very nice cabin. The size was very nice and there was good closet/ storage space.

If you can, eat at the Sushi restaurant. It was the BEST food on the ship.

Bermuda is BEAUTIFUL. WE spent the day at the beach.
Having been to St. Maarten so many times, we decided to do a day trip to the Westin Resort. We had a great time.
I love Puerto Rico, however, there is very little time to enjoy it.
Labadee is beautiful. We did the biplane excursion and it was amazing.