Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

January Cruise on Anthem of the Seas

Sail Date: January 25, 2016

Ship is huge, new and there is so much to be explored each day.  There's always something to do so you will never be bored. Just remember to bring comfortable shoes! Staff all over the ship are friendly and eager to please.  Definitely book shows well in advance of boarding. Although complimentary they sell out quick.  The spa thermal experience room was not worth the price. Overall I think the Spa was working through some kinks during my cruise because it fell way short of my expectations.  Overall I had a great time and would cruise on this ship again.

For a balcony cabin, the design felt a bit cramped. 2 twin beds less than a foot a part could do that. Each night I rearranged the furniture so I didn't feel as claustrophobic. Also when it was windy outside we noticed that the rubber sealer around the balcony door didn't fit properly as we good see daylight. Woke up two nights in a row because of the wind whistling through gap that ran the length of the door. We told/showed the steward and he put the child protective lock on the door which did nothing.
couldn't get into the shows I wanted so entertainment fell flat for me. Casino needed a bit more energy. Last Royal Cruise on the Explorer the Casino host was awesome. Lots of energy in the casino. Selling lotto tickets getting folks in slot tournaments. This cruise not so much. The most annoying thing was the free drink tickets. I felt like I was a 25 yo in a NYC Club with free drink tickets, then had to go ask for more when I ran out! Having said that, I do want to point out that the casino staff and host are very friendly!
The staff was overly friendly and eager to please, KUDOS
The complimentary dining rooms were the best: grande, American Icon, Silk & Chic in that order. Windjammer Marketplace was just ok. Chopped and Jamie Oliver not that great for the added fee
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Falmouth, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Because of storm we didn't go here. Itinerary was changed.

Book as much as you can before boarding. You can always cancel it once on board. Book shows, they sell out fast. Don't be scared off by the Grande Dining room because it is formal. Smart Casual will work there too and it has the best food!