Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Great Cruise, Great Service, Great Entertainment

Sail Date: December 19, 2015

The Anthem of the Seas is a beautiful and huge ship. I travelled with a friend and spent most of the eight days doing activities alone. It was all good. The entertainment was fabulous. I saw three wonderful shows, two Of which I made reservations prior to boarding the ship and one I couldn't make a reservation but was allowed in ten minutes prior to the show starting. I exercised each day at the Vitality Fitness Center. Since there are no locker rooms, I had no choice but to travel back to my cabin to shower. For $99+ Tax and gratuity, I paid into the Thermal Suite located in the Vitality Spa for the week. I had unlimited access to their fabulous infrared red sauna which was extremely relaxing along with their heated loungers in which I read and took naps. The food was average. Signing up for the classic dining, I ate at 8:30 each night and rotated among four dining halls with my fabulous servers. Each dining room had a different theme and offered different menu choices. The food was good and you could order as much as you'd like, but I remember earlier cruises when the food was gourmet. I guess I was spoiled. On Christmas they offered steak on the menu for a $20 extra charge. I ordered the steak, it was very good, but past cruises offered steak many nights with no additional charge. The excursions I chose were fabulous.  I highly recommend the eight hour tour of the Kennedy Space Center. It was the highlight of the entire trip for me. In Nassau, my friend and I hired a taxi for only $25 per person and we were given a fabulous tour of Nassau by a very knowledgeable driver. He gave us ample time to stroll around the beautiful Atlantis Hotel. And, spending Christmas Eve Day on the beautiful beach at Coco Cay was a dream. My friend and I loved the Solarium while at sea. The ship had hundreds of kids on board, but the solarium was for adults only and it was easy to find lounge chairs any time of the day. We spent much time in the whirlpools. The breakfast buffet in the Windjammer was the best breakfast buffet I've ever eaten. I particularly enjoyed the smoked salmon and omelets made to order. My room was cleaned perfectly twice each day and the towel art made returning to my room each night something to look forward to. It was a great cruise that spoiled me and made it difficult to return home and have to cook and make my own bed. I hope to do many more cruises.

Cruise Photos

Very difficult Embarkation. Arrive early. Very disorganized. Disembarkation was the fastest and smoothest of any cruise I've ever been on. We were off in fifteen minutes including luggage pick-up (plenty of porters to help you) going through customs.
Great shows. Make reservations prior to your cruise.
Children's Programs Great activities for kids. This did not apply to me, though.
Jose Brown - the best room steward. Dhundee - fabulous and caring head waiter.
Food average. Service and servers fabulous.
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Convenient for me since I live one hour away. However, it was extremely disorganized and confusing to board the ship, even with my boarding pass printed out at home.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Easy off and easy on. Carry your ship card along with a picture ID
Easy to find a taxi. We got one for $25 per person for over three hours of touring including one hour at the Atlantis.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Easy shuttle boat to and from the island. Very good barbecue lunch.

Prepare to walk. I walked an average of 3.5 miles around the ship each day at sea. Beautiful artwork on walls and in elevators. The ship was very clean.