Not so hot cruise.

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Sail Date: December 12, 2015
Ship: Anthem of the Seas

I was disappointed in the ship.  To be hyped so much prior to sailing and then be a soso cruise was disappointing.  There were a lot of elderly people, including me, on board and there was not a lot to keep us entertained.  You saw people sitting around reading all the time.  The Royal Esplanade "sales" were a joke and a free for all.  The orientals were grabbing up the junk, like it wasn't made in China.  Too many high end shops.  The shore excursions I took were mediocre.  I did not like the method of rotation of 4 dining rooms for dinner.  Menus did not have much variety.

If the cruise lines keep building "bigger and better", I will not be a consumer.

I had what was called a studio w/balcony. There was not even a chair to sit on. It was the bed or nothing. I expected the room to be small but not like this was. And the price was not cheap.