Wasn't impressed with Allure of the Seas.

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Allure of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 02, 2018

Ship: Allure of the Seas

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

Was very disappointed with Allure of the Seas. I felt like I was that the mall or in a hotel . But before we rule out Royal Caribbean for good, we're going to try another ship and see if that's any better. If not then we know we are Carnival Cruisers for life 1

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Never made it the main dining room for breakfast but dinner was ok. We typically ate at the buffet for breakfast and lunch. We had dinner at Chops Steakhouse one night, I had the filet and my husband had bone-in prime rib, it was nice but I'm glad we had a free coupon. Our server at Chops was excellent!

Only saw one band playing by the pools and that was the 1st night. Pools were small and crowed. Wasn't really impressed.

The shows were phenomenal

It was beautiful however there's a lot of waisted space (about 7 floors) due to Central Park and Board Walk being right in the middle

We had a balcony room and I've stayed in balcony rooms on other cruise lines and this room was by far was the smallest balcony room. My husband and and to turn sideways in order to pass each other . I was hoping for towel animals and was very disappointed we didn't see them until the 4th night. Cabin Steward wasn't all that friendly, always in a rush.

Ship tip

1) Expect to see a lot of old people 2)Expect to pay $2.50 for 1 popcorn REALLY???????? you'd think popcorn would be free during one of shows :(. 3) DON'T expect towel creations when you come back to the room at night.

Ports of call

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

St. Maarteen is one of my favorite islands however we were a little dissapointed the with our excursion. We went to airport ( 3rd day on the cruise - Wednesday) to watch the airplanes land and take off. I was looking so forward to experience the blast from the jets but what they don't tell you is that the airport isn't really busy on Wednesdays. Saturday is their busiest day. We saw several small planes land and take off and only 1 JetBlue land. We did not get to see any big planes take off :(

San Juan, Puerto Rico

We decided to not book an excursion. We wanted to just walk around the old and new San Juan and I'm glad we did this. Absolutely beautiful !!!

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

We did the Kayak adventure and I would really recommend this!! The guide was great, he took us over just on the other side of Labadee to small village. And while sitting in the kayaks on the water our guide gave us a very detailed history lesson. I'VE BEEN ON 8 CRUISES AND TO MANY PORTS AND LABADEE IS MY FAVORITE!!! YOU HAVE TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE !

Disembarkation

The only thing that didn't sit well with me was that housekeeping knocked on the door (early) and asked if we were almost done. I told him yes, as soon as my husband comes back to the room (he was getting coffee for us) then we'll be out. The housekeeper just looked at me and rolled his eyes!