Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Great ship, Great staff, good locations

Sail Date: July 17, 2016

This was my wife and I's first cruise, and everyone tells me that I will be spoiled forever.  Allure of the Seas is a huge ship with a park, promenade, and boardwalk that go right down the center of the ship.  It was an adventure just exploring and finding all the features that this ship offers.

The food was excellent.  We went to "my time" dining every night and got to know our waiters very well.  We only ate at the Windjammer once or twice and that was for lunch.  Most of the other times were either at the Solarium bistro or at the Central Park Cafe.

We were never bored: we went to most of the shows, and they were excellent.  We had a hard time finding dancing that fit us.  One of the dance bars was much to "rap" for us.  (We are in our mid-forties.)  The dance bar that we thought would be good for us, never actually had people dancing, even though the music was excellent. On our third try, we just started dancing by ourselves, and after two songs the whole dance floor was covered. Unfortunately, we got there late and there were only 2-3 songs before they closed down.

The landfalls were ok- St. Maartin was fun- we just went to the beach and stayed there for the day.  We didn't bother getting off the ship in St. Juan since it was only a 1/2 day in port and we weren't going shopping.  Labadee is ok, we went on the snorkeling excursion and found the reef to be bleached and over fished. Not very healthy at all.  I wouldn't recommend it.  Other than that, Labadee is a very big beach.  There are jet skis and other active water sports that are available.  I couldn't believe that the zip-line cost 95$.  I would never consider spending that much on one zip-line trip, but I saw many people did.  To each their own.

Casino was underwhelming, especially the poker section.  They could do so much better it's pathetic.

Over-all a wonderful trip and we will definitely go cruising again.

First cruise, told to expect a small cabin, still surprised by it though. Clean, but not nearly enough storage space. My wife never unpacked her suitcase.
With 6500 passengers, I don't see how they could get better. It still lines and waiting, but very organized all things considered.

Central Park is the only place that has fresh squeezed orange juice: even though there is a price listed replenish drink package (non-alcoholic package) includes it. That drink package does NOT include starbucks or the only smoothie bar (near the spa) even though I thought they were included.