Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruise Experience

Sail Date: March 06, 2016

Overall my boyfriend and I had a spectacular experience. The ship was great, the service was good (a few members not as friendly as others), the food was good (not amazing, but that is to be expected with 6,000 guests), we had a great time on our excursions and our room was wonderful. The entertainment was the best I have seen on any cruise that I have been on thus far.

Only thing I wish was a little less pricey is the items you purchase on the ship (spa, stores, adult beverages etc.). We would have loved to do something in the Spa, but the pricing made it not worth it.

All and all we would love to start planning our next adventure. I have been to most ports that ships go to out of Miami, Ft Lauderdale, and a few from a ship I took out of California. I would be very interested in looking into an international cruise.

It would also be tough to go on any cruise that was smaller and or less luxurious then the Allure, without feeling like it was less of an experience. I would love to see what new ships come out and what is the next step in cruising.

My travel agent Doc Reynolds was wonderful and I would recommend him and I would make sure I go through him again, when planning my next vacation.

We would have loved to have had an outside balcony on the 8th floor or above. But in trying to save a little money our room was wonderful. We had a large window facing the front and it was incredible. We loved our room : )
It was the best entertainment options I have experienced thus far.
For the most part the service was good. There were a few crew members that weren't as friendly or helpful. But our stateroom attendant was very nice.
The food was good, we tried lots of things, but it wasn't spectacular. This is expected with having to feed so many guest on board.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
We stayed over night here. Dania and Hollywood area are not nice parts of Florida, it is very dirty.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Make sure you don't wait until the last minute to get food on the island that they serve. We went 30 minutes before they were supposed to wrap things up and there was no food left. We would have done the zip line if it wasn't as expensive. We enjoyed the beach.
Falmouth, Jamaica
The people are very pushy here and less friendly as points. If you go in not letting this bother you and knowing you have control, it will make your experience much better.
Snorkel! We love Mexico and there is a lot you can do at this port.

Definitely pre-book and plan as much as you can before the trip. It makes everything less stressful and go smoother during your week.