Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

To Rome with Love

Sail Date: August 23, 2015

In celebration of our 15 year anniversary we spent one week on the Allure of the in August 2015.  It seemed like a good itinerary. Nice ship, good food, loved the specialty restaurants especially Samba. Fell in love with Sangria at Vintages Wine bar, loved Jema, wonderful cruise ship employee. Do your research on all the ports with a good port book like Rick Stevens Cruise Ship port book. Rome was amazing!!!! We booked a semi private tour with we were the only ones on the tour. It was AMAZING!!!!!!   My only complaint on the ship was that they need a better monitoring system at the pool. It seemed like there  were never any available  sun chairs because people left there towels there after they were done or to mark their spots, we weren't sure half the time. I asked an employee, he said that they could only be saved for a 1/2 but people would come back 1 or 2 hours later and try to reclaim their chair. Guests should be advised of the policy, and more employees need to monitor the chairs. Wet towels were everywhere as well as empty glasses and plates. Perhaps guests can be given a written policy upon towel check out.  This seems to be a problem on every cruise I have ever been on.  Makes me not want to take a cruise again.

Checked in around 2:00 no line what so ever. Checked out with later group around 9:30 (which I requested since I had a later flight) very easy!
Enjoyed the Pisa and beach day excursion very much.
Loved Jemma at Vintages wine bar!
Barcelona, Spain
Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands
Do not do the hop on hop off bus tour not enough bus's run. I would just get a Taxi and explore it.
Marseille (Provence), France
We did this one on our own, very simple, took a taxi to the Norte Dame de la Garde. Afterward we took a bus to the old port and walked around till around, at lunch had french Champagne then at 14:00 then went back to Ship.
La Spezia, Italy
Took the full day trip to Piza and Italian Beach. Was well worth it.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Amazing took a semi private tour, this is a must and well worth it, so much to see. It was Amazing
Naples, Italy
Went on our own, didn't book a tour. Bought Ferry tickets on our own to Capri. Tip. Buy round trip tickets on the ferry. you can pick a time to go back but use your tickets any time to go back. I highly recommend that you start back to the ship 3 to 4 hour prior to the ships departure. It takes 1 hour to go back on the ferry, and you never know.

Make all your dinner and show reservations well in advance.