Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Third Mate

The Unforgettable Trip of a Lifetime

Sail Date: May 21, 2015

THANK YOU!  Everything about this cruise was EXCELLENT! Every person on the ship I encountered was kind, courteous, and helpful. They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. My husband and I were in room 6668. Paula was who fixed up our room. She had a beautiful smile daily and did her job well. I was impressed!

My FAVORITES were Naofel and Stojan. They were our servers every night when we dined. Because of them, we ended up cancelling two other dinner reservations that had been given to us at the beginning of the cruise. We didn't want to miss out on our time with them. They were absolutely wonderful. They were first class gentlemen. We traveled with my sister and her husband, (they were in room 6142), and they felt the same way. Can't thank you enough for those two men. They made our cruise extra special with some fun memories. They even made a special cake and sang to us, as we were on this cruise to celebrate our 34th, and my sister and her husband's 35th, Anniversaries.

My sister and I experienced the Zip Line... Your extremely handsome team of encouraging young athletic men gave me the courage to do it... and I almost didn't. I began to panic after everything was hooked up. Being on the larger size and a wee self conscious of it, they worked with my fear and helped me overcome it. They were gentlemen in every way. The crowd on the sidelines cheered me on, as well. :D

There is nothing and I mean absolutely NOTHING I could complain about. I loved the power shower in our balcony room, the frozen yogurt machine by the pools, The Garden Cafe in Central Park. The shops, Carousel, shows, etc... My husband and I were living in a dream while on your ship.

My mom rode on the Allure of the Seas on her maiden voyage and now I was able to experience it. Words could not have prepared me for the wonder of it. It is the loveliest ship I have ever cruised on. I have done two other cruises in the past. One with carnival and one with Norwegian. No comparison, whatsoever. If I am able to plan a cruise again, I will find out where this ship is and plan my trip around it.

Thank you, RC, for the BEST experience on your ship while sailing the Mediterranean Sea. I'll never forget it and as soon as I finish this review, will begin typing out my journal. YOU'RE AMAZING!

My review praised Naofel and Stojan. They made our dining experience, PERFECT. The food was INCREDIBLE!
Children's Programs Didn't go to any
The Zip Line was terrifying for me, but an experience I will never forget. Loved it!
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Once you find the shuttle bus, it's easy. A man on the street directed us to a wrong location. I'd read ahead where to catch it, but it seems as if the grounds had changed a little since photos I'd seen on line, so it was a little difficult to know where to catch the shuttle bus... Castel Michelangelo is close to where you catch a shuttle. The experience was tiring with our big luggage, but fun.
Naples, Italy
Castel Nuovo is right there as you dock, across the street from the Port. Plenty to see in the neighborhood close by the ship.
Barcelona, Spain
Organized inexpensive shuttle bus that takes you to the main area. From there you catch taxis, walk, or hire a hop on hop off bus for the day. Plan well, the city is spectacular.
Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands
We took a shuttle bus to the main Cathedral, then caught a taxi to Castel Bellver. It is well preserved and the view is spectacular, especially of the cruise ships below!
Marseille (Provence), France
Shuttle costs are high so four of us caught a taxi to Vieux Port. Chateau D'if was closed due to rough seas, so we went up the hill on a city bus (bus 60) to Notre Dame. View and Cathedral were wonderful. Rode the ferris wheel in the Port, Gives a lovely view. Food was expensive and those with open cafes didn't want you to just sit for coffee. So head for the Starbucks nearby where you can relax more and purchase a collector's mug.
La Spezia, Italy
The "free shuttle" took us to the excursion place, when we thought it was going to La Spezia Centrale train station. When I asked the taxi driver the cost of getting from where we'd been dropped off, to the station, he said "50 euro." I reconfirmed several times that he was saying, "50" and not "15" euro (using my fingers to count :D), but he insisted "50 euro." Needless to say, I began to walk, ended up catching a city bus and from there caught a train to see Pisa. It was an adventure for sure... A wonderful fun day.

Sun rises are beautiful if you have a balcony room on the right side of the ship, and are beginning in the Port of Civitavecchia, heading south, towards Naples. My family on the left side of the ship were unable to see the beauty as we did.