Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

The quality has gone down substantially

Sail Date: December 07, 2014

We just took the Eastern Caribbean 7 Day on the Allure of the Seas.  This was our second trip on the Allure and I must say that I was extremely disappointed this time around.  The ship itself was marvelous.  The shows and entertainment on the ship are absolutely fantastic.  They remind me of Cirque de\u Soleil shows.  The staterooms were nice and clean.  Our stateroom attendant was pleasant.  I like that you can order room service directly from the television in your stateroom.  I also liked the variety of food and locations to find food.  The drinks and bar service were great.  The pools and recreation are awesome.  They cut out the midnight pool party which in the past has always been the highlight of the cruise sea days.  I was extremely disappointed because I always look forward to the ice and fruit sculptures.

My biggest disappointment was with the food itself.  The dining room service was terrible. Our wait staff were extremely slow.  We were always first to arrive, last to leave.  They waiter and assistant were nice, but seemed to be inexperienced. They provide a variety of food, however it was cold practically every night.  They cut out the wait staff song and dance.  I always look forward to seeing that.

The Windjammer and all other complimentary food locations on the ship had cold food, as well.  The only time we received warm or room temperature food was through room service and Johnny Rockets for lunch.  Speaking of Johnny Rockets, the one time we decided to have breakfast there, they had no regular syrup in the entire diner.  This would have been totally acceptable, except they had just opened up for the morning.

The ports of call were fun and the shore excursions were great.  We visited Nassau, Bahamas, St. Thomas, and St. Maarteen.

I was WOWed the first time around.  Not so much this time.

The ship is amazing.
Food was cold practically everywhere
The shows are fantastic!
The kids really enjoyed the Kids Zone.
The parade was nice and so is the Rising Tide Bar.