Carnival from now on

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 12, 2014
Ship: Allure of the Seas

The Allures of the Seas is the most beautiful ship that I have ever seen. The service was impeccable. Entertainment was the best ever. I do recommend this cruise for the experience. The things that I dislike about this cruise is you don't get any freebees (toothpaste etc.) that we normally get on Carnival in the rooms, there were no place to iron clothes, you have to send clothes to the cleaners are wear your clothes wrinkle, there were no robes in our room and if you want to spend time in the rooms, there were no good movies and everything was a repeat, if you want to go to the entertainment you had to register, popcorn was $2.50. There were too many restaurant that you had to pay for and then they charge you a service fee per person just to sit down in the restaurants, I always ate in the dining room on Carnival, I misses 2 nights in the dining on the Allures of the Seas because of a repeat in the menu. The food was not that great. Our waiter told us that her manager was watching to make sure that we didn't order too many lobster on lobster night. I ate a salad everyday for lunch from the central park café because the food in the windjammer was not all that. They cut out the singing and dancing on all the Royal Caribbean ships during the dining about 3 months ago.I feel that if I am going to pay as much money as I paid to get on the Allures of the Seas that the food should be much better. The scramble eggs on the windjammer taste like water down eggs, the French toast was not French, While on Carnival I could get fish & chip for lunch, while on Carnival I could go to the Italian café and get Italian food for free, while on Carnival I can get the best hamburgers (GUY). And last and not least while on Carnival I could get popcorn for free. Overall good experience but I am Carnival bound. Carnival prices are much cheaper.

need improvement

Best ever

Best ever

Beautiful ship

A tip about the Allures of the Seas, if you plan to get off at one of the port, eat off the ship the food is much better. And bring plenty money because you have to pay for a lot of stuff on the Allure of the seas.

Stayed ovenight

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas Did not visit port

The ship was diverted bacause of the hurricane