Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Seven days of complete relaxation

Sail Date: September 07, 2014

First of all I liked this cruise just because of the ship which was beautiful. And clean. My stateroom lady kept my room very clean. I was on deck 12 room 12280 on the recent cruise to the Caribbean from Sept. 7 to 14th. Unfortunately, I didn't get her name. But you can figure it out I hope. Anyway, I loved the ship. One little critique: it was a little too big! :) But then again, all that walking probably helped keep my weight gain down! :)

The dining room was lovely and the food was good. Our waiters, Norman and Jovach (Hope I spelled his name correctly) were the best. They were right on everything, like filling one's water glass etc., without being intrusive. So I give them both the highest marks. Plus they were friendly and Norman's recommendations were always very good.

Overall it was a lovely week and I was a little envious of those passengers who were staying on for another week. Maybe next time we'll do that when we do the southern Caribbean! Sincerely, Natalie R. Cornell (John's wife.) PS OK, I see you want a comparison to other cruises. We've had four other ones: we crossed the Atlantic in the QEII and I have to say that ship was also wonderful, we had a Royal Caribbean cruise years ago and I remember it as being nice, but I can't recall anything specifically at this point, we took a cruise on a Greek ship when we visited Greece and that was not nearly as nice, although it was pleasant but really can't compare to a Royal Caribbean cruise, (but the waiters did come marching in the last night carrying Baked Alaska and that was impressive) and we took a Holland America cruise to Quebec. I liked this cruise better.

I've already said I thought the ship was wonderful. A tad big, but all that walking probably helped keep me from gaining so much weight. :)
Food was good and beautifully presented.
Norman was an excellent waiter as was Jovach (Not sure I spelled his name correctly.) Everyone on the ship was friendly and helpful overall.
I remember thinking, what a world! Here I am in the middle of the Caribbean watching people skate on the ice (and they were good). Plus those two comics gave me the funniest couple of hours of my life. I just remember laughing constantly. I remember thinking the warm up guy was too good; he was going to outshine the main comic, but then the main guy came on and he was just as funny. Delightful evening.
Children's Programs Our children are in their forties and we had no grands with us so it doesn't apply.
Onboard Activities We missed the bingo and I wish there had been a little more advertising about that. I thought the shows were great. How about a fashion show next time? Love fashion shows. Or a show to explain to women how to tie some intricate knots for scarves etc. That kind of thing.
We didn't take any excursions because I remember on our previous cruise to the Caribbean East I thought it was a waste of money. There just isn't anything that historic etc. to see in the Caribbean. The three ports were fine. But really they were just small towns. So while I bought souveneirs for the family, I didn't do any serious shopping or take any excursions.
We were upgraded to a balcony on deck 12--room 12280 and it was great! A lovely surprise. The balconies are very nice and we enjoyed ours.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida We live in Florida so we just came down, parked our car and got on the ship. But years ago I lived in Lauderdale and there are wonderful things to do in Lauderdale.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Like I said, the Caribbean offers only so much. We used to have a condo at Crescent Beach so I'm afraid I wasn't that impressed with the beach, but I'm sure it was great for the Caribbean. I did notice the zip line and my husband and I did that later in the week on the ship and it was really fun! Plus now I can brag to my four grandsons that Grandma did the zip line. :) Ok, back to Labadee, it was fine. I read my book under a palm tree. What more can one ask for?
Falmouth, Jamaica
We bought souveniers. And then headed back to the ship.
Once again we bought souveniers and headed back to the ship. I did have a hilarious moment when one of the merchants wrote on his building that his prices were better than Wal Mart, which I'm sure they were, and that broken English was spoken here, Perfect Spanish was spoken here. For some reason I thought that was hysterical and he and I shared a good laugh. The people at all the ports were very friendly.

The machines in the Casino don't pay very well, but I just looked at it as my twenty dollars gave me two hours of enjoyment--not the slots, the Poker machines. Those slots take your money too quickly! :) But then maybe that's how all Casinos are. I don't know.