Allure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Just So-So

Sail Date: August 24, 2014

To start, I have over 9 cruises on Royal Carribean, 5 on Carnival and 4 on Norweign.  The best part of this ship was the wonderful shows.  The worst part was the way all of the staff was so afraid of their supervisors.  They were programed to do and say things in a specific order and at a specific time and if not done, they would be marked down (and this was repeated by many other guests).  The staff once their supervisors were away did do a wonderful job and were most helpful.  The balcony room layout has been changed from other ships and not in a good way.  Gone was the closet in the entrance across from the bathroom.  To save room it is placed next to the bed in such a way that you could never get into the other side of the closet when the beds were separated.  The food was okay, nothing spectacular.  The Windjammer seating has been greatly reduced which was very suprising for a ship of this size.  I don't know who decided to enclose the adult only area in glass, but all they created was a hothouse effect.  Not a very pleasant place to relax.  The "pool" was nothing more than a slightly larger round whirlpool that can be found on deck.  The main pools were so warm that once you tried them, you got immediately out.  That had to be over 90 degrees F.  I must say that even though there were over 6,00 people on board, it usually did not seem that crowded.    Would I go back again, probably not.  I have noticed a decline in Royal Carribean of late and to be quite truthful, Carnival has been getting better.  I love when my room steward remembers my name from day on.

You can hardly get into the closet since they moved it from the entrance hall and now have positioned it next to the bed.