Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Awesome cruise experience

Sail Date: April 23, 2016

First Royal Caribbean cruise....hopefully won't be my last.  Food was very good in the main dining room (Mozart) and our waiters were exceptional.  The specialty restaurant, Giovanni's was great; incredible service and plenty of food.  I'm a water drinker and I was very disappointed in the Evian bottled water, which is not a very good tasting water.  Not enjoyable and purchased a full case for $40.

Cruise Photos

Comfortable and roomy.
Both embarkation and disembarkation were very well organized. No issues whatsoever.
The one excursion I booked through was a complete disappointment. Paid for an Ultimate Snorkel excursion (Barbados) on a sail boat, which was supposed to last for 4 hours. We went to one spot off a beach and were brought back after 2 hours. Snorkeling was nice, seen turtles and beautiful fish by a ship wreck, but we were rushed out of the water. In addition we weren't offered any flippers. Something wasn't right with this excursion, felt very ripped off and cheated.
Disappointed in the fresh fruit selection. Early in the week ripe bananas were plentiful. By mid-week, if you found a banana, it was beat up looking. Would have expected to get some delicious fruit found in the Caribbean. Not the same fruit everyday.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
No excursions, didn't care to venture off the ship. Area didn't look too nice.
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Great beach approximately a 1 mile walk from the dock. Sand Castle Hotel which offered chaise lounges and umbrellas for a small fee.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
Snorkeling excursion. Didn't get to see too much of the island. Water was lovely and the island looked beautiful from the boat.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Excellent shopping area, with beautiful beach within walking distance. Great port to get some beach time and shopping.
Roseau, Dominica
Didn't know what to expect from this island. As it turned out, this was by far my favorite island. Took a tour to Emerald Pool, which was incredible. The foliage, fruit trees and scenery on the way to Emerald Pool were absolutely breathtaking. Also went to a volcanic beach, which was really nice. Not your typical blue water, but warm and clean.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Expected to have the best island experience here, but had a lousy excursion which really ruined my visit. Maybe one day, I'd like to see more of the island. Arrived on a holiday there (Heros' Day) so the town was pretty much shut down (within walking distance of the port). Really not much around the port to see or do.

Beautiful, well-maintained vessel. Friendly crew. Excellent pool-side seating. Loved the adult only pool.