Nightmare on the seas

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 22, 2015
Ship: Adventure of the Seas

My trip was for 22nd August.  At 11pm I was contacted the night before to be told instead of going to the 6 islands I had carefully planned i.e. Antigua, St Lucia, St Martens, Barbados and St Kitts, we were going to 3 islands, St Thomas, Aruba and Bonair.  This was due to Hurricane Danny hitting those islands which turned out to be less dangerous than they first thought. My problem with this is firstly, weather forecasts are mapped out weeks in advance surely they could have let us known sooner with the option to cancel and get our money back? Secondly, the hurricane was downgraded why couldn't  we  resume the original schedule?  Lastly, it was my birthday and I was meant to be meeting friends and family in Antigua And St Lucia and I came with gifts and items to give to them.  At a huge cost to myself I had to ship it to them.

The excursion trips I had planned were non-existent(original trip)  I was told I would not get the money back but it would be used as onboard credit i.e. forced to spend it on the ship which I was angry about.

Overall a 50th birthday trip that turned out to be dissapointing.

high fat high carbs even the salads had were fatty

Good...However, not many children turn up to the activivtes i.e., 11-16 so diffficulty for staff to work with

good as long as there is children

Generally good.However, in the main dining room I felt rushed and pressured to eat very quickly

Cabin a bit cramped with 3 people in it. I should of upgrade to an oceanview

When the ship is in port, thats the best time to use the on board facilities as most of the passengers are on excursion trips

The Bacardi factory. Very interesting tour