Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

It was an Adventure!

Sail Date: January 23, 2011

This was my 1st cruise and it was great! I would say that 65% of the ship was over 50 years old and 98% of the people were couples, which was fun too. It was a great time, the food was great, the boat was clean, & the entertainment was fun.

Drinks were expensive, but being on vacation it was not a big deal. I do recommend not getting the soda package or maybe just cheating a little and only getting one instead of 2 packages.

Pros: Food, Balcony room, staff, ship

Cons: Cost of drinks and other incidentals

Recommends Adventure of the Seas? Yes!

Loved it all. We ate 6 out of 7 nights in the main dining hall. It was great! The buffet was, well, a buffet, good variety, great service & semi great food. Johnny Rockets was a fun alternative too.
No Americans on staff, but it didn't matter everyone was always smiling, always pleasant, and welcoming.
We did the Pirate ship, the America's Cup sailing, and diving in St. Croix. Each was very memorable and super fun!
We were in port with other ships and were able to talk to other people from there ships. Each person I talked to made me feel like I picked the right ship. I am thinking that the next time I cruise I will only be picking a Royal Caribbean ship.
Can't say enough about having a balcony. Otherwise it was a cruise ship room, small shower/bathroom and all.
Bridgetown, Barbados
We did Harrison's Cave. It was super Fun!
Frederiksted, St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Great Port and great diving!
Castries, St. Lucia
Walked around a bit, but felt like we had a sign over our head the said suckers and was approached by all kinds of swindlers.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Americas cups sailboat racing was great! Port was really nice and enjoyed it a lot.
St. John's, Antigua
Black Beard Pirate ship was great! Port was alright.