Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Relaxing trip

Sail Date: September 14, 2008

We have returned from a September sailing of the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan Puerto Rico and had a lovely time. The embarkment was one of the quickest and smoothes we have encountered. This was my fourth cruise and the second with Royal Caribbean. All of the help were friendly and helpful. We had difficulty with the internet and my wireless in the cabin which the kind gentleman in at the service desk handled exceptionally well. There were not argument - just a friendly help attitude and a quick resolution of the problem. I also had difficult the last night of the cruise printing my airport boarding pass for the trip home and again with no hesitation and a pleasant attitude, he quickly corrected the situation and with his helpful suggestions, I was able to complete the task with no additional charge to my card.
The exercise equipment was in excellent shape and we took advantage of them quite a number of times walking and running as we viewed the ocean around us. I would have liked a little help on one of the machines but we were unable to find someone that was free to help. One time we saw one attendant but he was busy doing a consultation and we could not find anyone else around.

The shows were entertaining in the theatre but what we especially liked was the Ice Show. This is something everyone should see. It is free but you need to get a ticket beforehand. We also enjoyed the music throughout the ship. We would often just wander and sit and listen to the sounds around us. I also enjoyed it from my window seat in the cabin.

The excursions in the south Caribbean were excellent! We particularly liked the yacht racing in St. Martin. But be warned that you need to bring money with you especially $30.00 for the picture they take of you sailing. The colours in the photo and the clarity of the picture are unbelievable.

The disembarkment was an easy task the let us sit in the promenade were we relaxed to a quartet playing and some fresh coffee. Once our section was called, the line moved quickly and the multitude of taxes was handed as efficiently as humanly possible. They do this well!

All in all we had a great time and would recommend it to others.

Pros: We enjoyed the room that overlooked the promenade.

Cons: We did not manage to get a reservation at the specially restuarant!

Recommends Adventure of the Seas? Yes!

Staff was friendly and often greeted us no matter where we were on the ship.
We were pleased with the ease of moving around the ship and at no time were we in line ups except for the last night at the photo gallery - but here to with so many people, they handled the crowd well and we were processed quickly.
This ship seemed to have something in every little nock and cranny. It was clean and well kept. As can be imagined in a ship this size, they are constantly maintaining it and except for the replacement of some tiles in the promenade during the day. It was done quietly and unobtrusively.
We were at the early sitting in the dining room and found the food to be just ok. Very nicely presented but had a look of having sat around for a while before it was delivered to our table. This was not due to our waiter as he was quick to take our order and quick to deliver it at the table. The flavour was just ok and for a five star ship, it was disappointing. I was expecting a five star dinner and a step up from the 4 star ship we were on last February. But it was more of a step down in quality. The Windjammer food was good to very good and we enjoyed the service along with the fresh omelettes in the morning. I like the way they handled the line up , with numbers being given out when you ordered and then you were free to gather the rest of your breakfast and get a seat at which time your omelette was ready for you to pick up. Good planning! We did go to the Johnny Rocks for a hamburger and enjoyed the taste of the food and the willingness of the server to go out of his way to
We enjoyed the wide variety of activities that were available.
I thoroughly enjoyed our room which was on the sixth level and looked out onto the promenade. As my husband rested, I enjoyed people watching! The room steward was excellent. It seemed that he always was in when we were away and the room was clean and a relaxing place to be. This is one ship that I did spend some time in the cabin and enjoyed it.
Castries, St. Lucia

Don't Miss: We took advantage of the scuba diving and would highly recommend the dive location and St. Lucia Scuba.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Don't Miss: The America's Cup Yacht race was throughtly enjoyed.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We did the sailing to Turtle Island with the power snokeling and had a great time with the Dancing Dophin. The crew was great and the free drinks at the end were plentiful and enjoyed by all.
St. John's, Antigua
We just visitied the shopping area.