Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Beautiful Ship!

Sail Date: March 11, 2007

The ship was very clean and well maintained. There were people sanitizing all of the public areas and they insisted that all guests used hand sanitizer when entering the dining areas or re-boarding the ship. We LOVED Aruba and St. Thomas. We loved snorkeling in both locations.
I was very put off by the fact that they said that their pool and hot tubs were open 24 hours. They were not. Their were 6 hot tubs and they were all closed from 10 pm - 1 am. This left no time for going in the hot tub after dinner. This was disappointing to me because my husband and I do not enjoy the "shows" so we didn't have much to do in the evenings. We did enjoy the Duck and Dog pub.

Pros: Very Clean Ship, Lots to do, Great Ports of Call

Cons: Food was so-so, hot tubs are closed from 10:00pm-1:00am (prime hot tub time!)

Recommends Adventure of the Seas? Yes!

I really expected more from the food. It was either too simple or too out there- sort of an odd mix of flavors and seasons. Pumpkin soup and watermelon gaspacho on the same menu??? I may be too picky coming from a culinary backround. . . . but I thought these were world class chefs. The midnight buffet was awe-inspiring.
We had a room on deck 10 and it was in a wonderful location. I highly recommend a stateroom on deck 9 or 10.
Very large ship that was well laid-out
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Snorkeling was awesome!
Don't Miss: Coki Beach. Rent your snorkeling equiptment for 15 buck on the beach.
Oranjestad, Aruba
AMAZING!! Sorry we had to leave so soon. Check out the snorkeling. We went to the shipwreck, Arashi and to the Shallow Reef. Shopping and nightlife is great too.
Don't Miss: Delphi Snorkeling trip. Go to Palm Beach, they are the grey hut. Eagle Beach is also nice.
We went to the aquarium. It was interesting, although small. I enjoyed the nurse shark feeding and the dolphin training shows.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We went to the French side. Be prepared to convert USD to EUR as all of the menus we encountered were in Euros.
Don't Miss: Orient Beach (FYI- it is a clothing optional beach)